The Active Lifestyle Answer to Breakfast
Finally it is here, we reveal to you our number 1 mainstay for a healthy breakfast on the go! Try it yourself and share your pictures with us! #TALActiveMealtime
We have all heard breakfast being called the most important meal of the day, however everyone seems to find this meal the most difficult to find healthy, nutritious and exciting options for.
Below is the full recipe for making your own homemade nutty granola!
#TALActiveMealtime - Homemade nutty granola
2 cups of mixed nuts (hazelnuts, almonds, cashews, walnuts, brazil nuts, etc)
1 cup of mixed seeds (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds)
1 cup of buckwheat
1 cup of oats
2 Tbsp of sesame seeds
2 Tbsp of chia seeds
1 cup of coconut (shredded or desiccated)
1/3 cup of coconut oil
1 tsp of vanilla
- Chop up the nuts roughly and mix with seeds, buckwheat, oats and coconut in a large bowl.
- Stir through coconut oil (make sure it's melted first) and vanilla.
- Spread out on a lined baking tray and bake at 160*C for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make sure it doesn’t burn! Stir frequently!
- Remove from oven, cool and keep in an airtight container to stay fresh.
When it's time to eat - Serve with full fat Greek yoghurt, coconut yoghurt or nut milk. Alternatively, sprinkle a handful on top of your breakfast smoothie, chia pudding or overnight oats to add a delicious crunch!
Remember to use the hashtag #TALActiveMealtime if you want to share your creations with us!